- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound white turnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pound winter squash, such as Hubbard or butternut, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 whole head of garlic, skin removed, broken into cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large, shallow roasting pan, combine carrots, turnips, squash, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper, then toss until vegetables are coated with oil.
Roast vegetables, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue to cook, stirring once or twice with a metal spatula, until vegetables are tender, about 40 to 50 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper before serving.
Serves 6 (as a side dish)
Each serving contains about 98 calories, 2 g protein, 2 g fat (18 % calories from fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 20 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, and 108 mg sodium.
© 2000-2018 StayWell, 780 Township Line Road, Yardley, PA 19067. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional’s instructions.