OnSite Clinic Options
Clients choose the clinic option that fits the needs of their projects. The size and type of clinic varies, as does the staffing and scope of service. Medcor can implement services on short notice for projects anywhere in the country.
- On many projects, a trailer serves as the on-site first aid station or clinic. These trailers allow for fast implementation and easy mobility as jobs progress, and easy shut down when projects end. Medcor can use a trailer provided by the client, or provide our own trailer. Either way, Medcor provides all necessary equipment, supplies, and medications for the clinic.
- At sites where space is limited, such as high-rise projects in urban areas, and underground projects, we utilize interior “shanties” for clinic functions. These can be moved during the project to keep the clinic near the workforce.
- Clinics can be configured for optional services such as safety orientations and drug testing that can be conducted in the clinic.
- On widespread projects, such as highways, pipelines and windfarms, Medcor operates mobile response units to serve the project.
- Where there are multiple small sites close together, Medcor can serve several sites from a single clinic.
Medcor provides all necessary furniture, supplies, equipment and medications for our onsite clinics. We ensure all equipment is checked daily, calibrated and well maintained. We ensure all supplies are properly stocked and inventoried. We follow all applicable regulations and safety practices, including for privacy and confidentiality in a health care setting. Medcor works with clients to ensure appropriate utilities, HVAC, waste removal, and other considerations – even signage on the site to identify the clinic.
Reporting and Information Management
Medcor has developed proprietary software (electronic medical record – EMR) to provide secure, standardized documentation and reporting of clinic services. Our Medfiles™ software tracks all injury and illness data, performs trend analyses for safety, and complies with OSHA recordkeeping requirements. Medcor provides utilization data and injury reports to clients. The system also helps automate clinic documentation and allows Medcor to conduct on-going QA.